Control your Android TV with Amazon Alexa
What is Alexa?
Amazon Alexa is a cloud-based voice service device that also allows you to control functions on Sony’s Android TV, such as power on or off, change channels, control volume, and more.
What is required to control your Sony Android TV with Amazon Alexa?
- Android TV models that support the Alexa skill
- Amazon Echo device. Google Home is not supported.
- Mobile device such as your phone or tablet
- Amazon account
- Google account
- Home network with Wi-Fi capabilities (Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Doesn’t support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks)
Supported TV Models
Sony Android TV supported models have the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app on the Home screen. You do not manually install this app, it will automatically install on supported TVs.
If the app is not on the home screen, your TV may not be supported yet.
Make sure your TV is set to automatically receive updates.
- XD70, XD75, XD80, SD80, XD83 and ZD9 Series
2017 Android TVs
- XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 and A1 Series
2018 Android TVs
- XF75, XF80, XF83, XF85, XF87, XF90, AF8, AF9 and ZF9 Series
2019 Android TVs
- XG80, XG81, XG83, XG85, XG87, XG90, XG95, AG8, AG9 and ZG9 Series
2016 Android TVs
Supported TV functions
Use the following Amazon Alexa voice commands to control your Android TV:
- Power ON / OFF
- Change channel by number or name
- Control volume
- Mute or unmute
- Change input
- Control playback for DVR or streaming content
For more information or help please do not hesitate to contact us at 7000 8111 or to leave your request on our online contact form.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all of our latest news!
*Compatible with Alpha 9 II, Alpha 9, Alpha 7R IV, Alpha 7R III, Alpha 7 III, Alpha 6600, Alpha 6400, Alpha 6100, RX100 VII, and RX0 II Firmware must be updated on cameras to ensure compatibility.