How do I use the Voice Search function on Sony remote control?
Sony Android TVs support voice recognition functionality, called “Voice Search”. This allows users to input commands into their TV by using their voice.
In order to work, you need to pair it to your Android TV. The pairing method is as follow:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Voice Remote Control in the NETWORK & ACCESSORIES category.
- Select Activate the button or Activate button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Once you have completed the above procedure, follow the steps below to use the Voice Search function.
- On your remote control, press the microphone button.
You will then be taken directly to the Voice Search screen.
*Remote control for Android TV released in 2016 or later
The remote control specifications vary depending on your region or model.
- The LED on the remote control will light up showing that the Voice Search function has been activated.
Then speak into the built in microphone.
Voice Search on Android TV allows you to the following options:
Examples of search phrases:
- Romantic comedies
- Oscar winners
- Who is the president of Italy ?
- What time is it in London?
- What is 24,000 divided by 7?
- HDMI 1
- Open YouTube
- Your Android TV requires an Internet connection to use Voice Search.
- When you press the microphone button on your Remote Control or activate it through the Voice Search icon, the feature will only stay on for a few moments before automatically switching off. You can tell when the Voice Search option is activated as the microphone icon or your screen will be red (for record), and the LED on your remote will be on.
- Voice Search does not support web browsing..
For more information or help please do not hesitate to contact us at 7000 8111 or to leave your request on our online contact form.